Workshops, visits and meetings
- Anita attended a workshop on ‘Grass Root Conservation’ conducted by the Sloth Bear Foundation in Bangalore on 26 & 27April 2013.
- Sumin attended the Ravi Sankaran Fellows Meet and the Students Conference on Conservation Science in September 2013 at Bangalore.
- Trisha Gopalakrishna, an engineering student from Bangalore interned with Keystone from January to March 2014 and she worked on the barefoot ecology programme.
- The Traditional Knowledge Fair was held in February 2014 at Nehru Park in Kotagiri. The event had over 100 children from more than 20 villages across the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. The two day event had a footfall of over 1000 people.
- A series of trainings on sustainable harvesting were done by K G Ramachandran in Kerala for the Kumbalappara harvesters, Kothamangalam FDA*, Mananthavady FDA, Muthanga EDC** and Konni FDA
- Febina Thottatil, a Master’s student from the Pondicherry University did her master’s thesis field work from Nov-April 2014 exploring pollinators in agricultural landscapes.
*FDA – Forest Development Agency
** EDC – Eco-Development Committee